Mason & King - Our History
Mason & King Ltd was founded in 1954 by Mr Raymond Mason and Mr King.
The business was originally run out of a small premises on Nedham Street Leicester.
In 1965, Mr Masons’ son, also Ray Mason, began working within the business, which now employed approx. 15 people.
In 1975, the Birstall Street offices and factory were built. This was closely followed by an additional factory directly opposite to double the size of the work space and its workforce up to 30.
In 1978, Mason & King purchased its’ first CNC punching machine.
Following the purchase of the CNC punch, the Company purchased its’ first laser cutting machine in 1982. With larger production batches and repeat work,
In 1994, Mason & King added two brand new factory units, the company now utilises over 70,000 square feet in total.
Mason & King evolved and expanded as technology progressed. The advancement of certain machinery, from laser cutting to bending to robot welding attracted different types of customers with larger volume production batches and repeat runs.
As an approved suppliers to large and multi-national organisations, quality control is an important part of the process at Mason & King, first receiving BS5750 in 1987 with the latest ISO 9001: 2015 in place today.
In 2001, Andrew Mason joined the family business to work with his father and Grandfather having completed a work placement and degree.
In addition to their reputation for quality, Mason & King is recognised for its continuous investment in new machinery and the adoption of numerous improvement techniques.
Today we employ 140 staff and work across a range of sectors producing a wide variety of components.